The statistics of melanoma of skin in Ukraine (2014 ) is following: Incidence – 2545 new cases; Incidence of children population (age 0-17 years) – 10 new cases; Incidence rate (age-standardized, world standard) – 4.5 per 100 thousand of corresponding population; Incidence rate (age-standardized, Ukr. standard) – 6.5 per 100 thousand of corresponding population; Incidence rate of children population (age 0-17 years) – 0.1 per 100 thousand of corresponding population. Read more at National Cancer Registry of Ukraine.
- On Nov. 22, 2008, Ukraine joined the World Program “Euromelanoma” and the annual free screening of the population for the detection of disease. More details about the World Program.
- On May 21, 2009, Melanoma Day was held first time in Kyiv, Ukraine. More details about that initiative.
- On May 11, 2013, day of death of legendary musician Bob Marley, who died from melanoma, was nominated a World Melanoma Day.
- On Apr. 02, 2014, to improve treatment and care, the MOH of Ukraine approved the Order # 234 “On the approval and implementation of medical technological documents on Standardization of medical care for melanoma“. Read more
- On Apr. 22, 2016, Melanoma Day was celebrated in Ukraine by free diagnostics of melanoma of skin, which took place in 76 medical organizations located in 19 cities all over Ukraine.
The international clinical research experience of Ukraine for melanoma is represented by 10 interventional clinical trials (Phases II, III) registered on ClinicalTrials.gov. All clinical trials are conducted by 7 sponsors and collaborators on 15 clinical sites of different experience located in 13 cities all over Ukraine.
As below, you can estimate the distribution of non-interventional (observational) studies for melanoma among the European countries selected ( >10 totally) and ranged by the number of interventional clinical trials (see the slide above).
NB! The cities located on the non-controlled territories of Ukraine are not included in the statistics.